Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Changes to be Made

Ever look back at life and think of ways to improve? I've been doing some considerable self reflection in the past few months and realized that I can definitely improve the way I choose to lead my life.

For instance, somethings are better left unsaid. I have learned the hard way that I need to be careful of what I say in my attempts to be an open and honest person. Sometimes, I may have a tendency to reveal my feelings when maybe it'd be better if I kept my thoughts to my self. Life change number 1... take a step back and think before I speak.

Life change number 2. I don't know everything, so I need to make a better attempt to learn something new every day. Rather than nodding and keeping my questions to myself, I need to ask the right questions so that I can learn the necessary information, rather than having to go back and look it up later. No one will think I'm ill-prepared if I ask a pertinent question. In fact, there may be someone else in the crowd who's wondering the same thing. 

Finally, I need to realize that I can not control everything. Sometimes, you just have to leave things to fate. I need to enjoy my life as it is today, and welcome the changes of tomorrow.

There are always ways to self improve, and that's what I intend to do. I'll strive to be a better wife, sister, daughter, aunt, friend and professional. At the end of the day, I need to reflect and be proud of who I am and who I intend to be now and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment