Monday, December 5, 2011

Horrible Customer Service!

Two weeks ago, a deer literally ran into my car as I was turning onto my street and caused $4,000 worth of damage to my vehicle. After calling my insurance provider, I was advised to go to Gabes Collision on Genesee Street in Cheektowaga because it would "cut back on the paperwork." Ok, I am all about skipping signing on the dotted line a thousand times, and since my insurance "guarantees" their work, I figured I'd give them a try.

I dropped my car off the Tuesday after the accident and was told it would take about a week to finish because of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. My claims adjuster would be in touch though with up-to-date information throughout the whole process. The adjuster called me every other day until Wednesday the following week when he called to let me know the car wasn't quite ready and it could be finished by EOD Thursday but he would call me to verify. Thursday came and went, then most of Friday and by 4 p.m. I called him to find out the status of Big Red. I left a voicemail, and received a call a short while later telling me to call Gabes myself to find out the status. Strike 1.

It was 4:30 p.m. when I called Gabes to find out that my car was indeed ready for pick up, but I had to get there by 5 p.m. when they closed... well, I work about a 1/2 hour away, so there was no chance that I'd get there by closing time. So Saturday morning, I picked up my car and headed to my mother's for a full day of Christmas shopping. As I drove, I realized that my heat no longer works and in fact cold air blows out of the vent. By the time I was able to call Gabes, the shop had closed for the day and would not reopen until Monday morning at 8 a.m.. Strike 2.

Monday morning, I called and left a message at 8:05 a.m. that someone should call me as soon as possible, because my heat was not working properly, and I had found two random car parts (small caps) in my cup holder that led me to believe that the car was not put back together properly. I left home by 8:30 a.m. because I had to get to work. On my way, it was freezing rain with no heat, which is bad enough, but now I also discovered another problem, my defogger was also not in working order. So, I have no heat, my windows are fogging up and freezing rain is sticking to my windshield. After taking extra precautions, I finally arrived at work, but I still have not received a phone call back from Gabes Collision and it's now after 9 a.m.

I waited until 9:30 a.m. and tried again. Amazingly, the shop was open and someone answered on the second ring. I asked to speak to a manager and explained my dilemmas. After telling the manager that I did not feel safe driving the vehicle, I was told that they would not send a tow truck and I would have to essentially suck it up, put my safety and others safety at risk, and make my way back to Cheektowaga. Strike 4 and 5.

Now for the kicker, after a 2 hour wait, I was then told the problem was fixed and that it was just an air pocket and those left over pieces were really no big deal, but they put them back in place to make me feel better. OK this now strike 6,7 and a million.

Are you kidding me!?!?! DO NOT tell me that these parts are not necessary. How dare you tell me that they are no big deal. Would you feel ok driving a vehicle that may or may not have missing parts no matter how superfluous these parts may be? I highly doubt that. Would you feel safe driving a vehicle with fogged up windows and no heat in the beginning of winter? I highly doubt that, too. And finally, would you be ok with someone speaking to your daughter or wife as you have addressed me. I highly doubt that also. Moral of the story. Do not take your vehicle to Gabes Collision on Genesee Street in Cheektowaga. They have horrible costumer service, and from what I can see, are highly incompetent.

No comments:

Post a Comment