Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year?

There has been much speculation that 2012 will be the last year of our existence. I can't say that I believe this to be true, but nonetheless it encourages me to live life to its very fullest.

My husband and I recently watched a "Decoded" show on the end of the world according to Mayan calculations, and I found it hilarious when Eric suggested that we stock up on water and canned food, but had laughed at me just a few months prior when I told him that we should stock up "just in case" the prediction comes true.  Heck, I should laugh at him a bit harder, because if the end of the world does indeed come, then who the heck needs food and water if we're all moving on to the world beyond.

Truthfully, I type this in jest, because although I found most of the "predictions" to be pretty far fetched, it is only a matter of time before some catastrophic event changes the world as we know it. I highly doubt the human race will be completely eliminated, and I truly do pray that I do not live to see the end of the world no matter if it's in totality or just as we see it today. No matter the means I pray that the "end" comes many, many years after my family is long gone, including extended family and that of my future children, their future children, their future children and so on.

However, should the end be near, I have made a list of ways I can self improve to better my standing with the big guy upstairs. That, and it's never a bad thing to want to live life a little healthier, wealthier and have a better outlook

1) I will think before I speak and consider the person's feelings on the other end of the conversation
2) I will put family first no matter the circumstances
3) I will be a better friend, partner, daughter, sister and aunt
4) I will clean more often
5) I will put the clothes away, if not immediately, within two days of drying, folding and bringing the clothes upstairs
6) I will be a mother (before I am 30) and be a damn good one at that
7) I will exercise at least 3 times a week and eat healthier
8) I will be better with finances by saving for our future - no matter how soon or far away it may be
9) I will spend more time with my nephew and neices
10) I will have more patience

This list is in no particular order, but some items do carry more weight than others. Some may be negotiable, while others are not. And some, one in particular, is out of my control, but would thrill me if it comes true.

Finally, I will do better at living this quote:
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment