Monday, August 15, 2011

What a production

For Eric's 30th birthday, I booked him a flight to Atlanta to celebrate with his friends from high school who left New York for greener pastures a few years back. He's been itching to visit them, but hadn't had the opportunity because of busy schedules and other circumstances. So, I figured it was time to make it happen. After some scheming with his friends, I booked his flight so that on June 8 he could open his flight itinerary and Atlanta Braves tickets. Although he has an irrational fear of flying, he was excited for his August trip.

He left on Thursday and he comes home today after a weekend filled with golf, drinks and new memories with friends. I am glad to know that he had a great time, but I am ready for him to be home again. Although I like alone time as much as anyone, I was amazed at how much I missed him despite my own busy weekend.


My mom, sister, grandmother, aunt and I took a road trip of our own to Grove City, Pa. for some heavy-duty shopping. After a long three hour drive there, we arrived at the Outlet Mall with our credit cards in hand and ready to shop til we dropped. And that's exactly what we did. I even got some Christmas shopping done while I was there - hopefully I remember these purchases come December.

My sister, being the money-saving genius that she is, booked us a room at a nearby Super 8 motel... we learned a valuable lesson that night after we arrived at the room exhausted from a full day of shopping - sometimes a bargain isn't worth the bargain price. Since there were five us, we were forced to sleep three in a double bed. Being the youngest at 27, I was relegated to the middle spot sandwiched between my mother and sister with no pillow of my own, not that it would've helped much anyway because the hotel pillows were as thin as sheets. Unsure of where to place my arms I alternated between under my head and at my side throughout the night, turning only when someone else needed to turn. These circumstances made for a very long, restless and amusing night. We laughed as my grandmother complained of no cups or tissues, at the ant that was crawling under the sheets and at the stiff necks we were in for the following morning. I wouldn't trade the experience for the world though. We had a wonderful time just us girls, but as soon as I got home, I was in for a much-needed nap in my own king-sized bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment